Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sitka = 2 ; Strawberries =0

So far, the predator had the upper hand. Or the upper paw. In any case, some strawberries vanished recently, with Sitka’s signature on it: the stalks cut neatly where the fruit should be. She grabs the strawberry and just pulls on it. 


She did it in one fluid movement right under my eyes one morning and I did not even have time to say the magic word: NO! This was one strawberry I had my eyes on, almost ready to eat. Sitka looked very pleased with herself and I wonder for a moment: this could have been the work of a slug or a bird. Maybe I’d rather have my faithful puppy enjoy it? Or not.

In another corner of the yard where I don’t go very often, I discovered that same day that blueberries bushes planted there two years ago have been fruitful. The blueberries are pink and delicious. They are called “Pink lemonade blueberries”. Strangely enough, Sitka never took notice. Maybe she does not like pink?

No comments:

Post a Comment