Friday, August 1, 2014

Beyond the clouds

Whether it is a shower of meteorites, an eclipse of the moon or some UFO, I have to use my imagination most of the times here to see anything beyond the clouds. Our Pacific Northwest is famous for its rains but New York actually receives more precipitation. However, we are the champions of grey sky throughout the year.

Still, I have been looking for clouds in the sky for the past few weeks. It is hotter than usual and wherever I go, I make sure I have an army of fans all around me to cool me off.

There are a few advantages to cloud-free sky. In July, the full moon was bigger than ever when raising behind Mount Rainier. It was one of those supermoons, closest to the earth on its ellipse.




On Thursday morning, I dropped Irvin off at the airport at 5 AM. He was on his way to Texas where a multicultural conference was waiting for him. I am not a morning person but the sunrise lights rewarded me on the way back home. I took this picture around 6 AM, near our home.


Yes, I could get used of the lack of clouds in the sky… 

No comments:

Post a Comment