Thursday, February 12, 2015

Green Crosses from one Continent to the Next

On my sister-blog in French, I posted a message on February 7th, titled “Green Crosses are misleading” .

In that post, I let potential French visitors know the local meaning of the green crosses which, in France, are the signs of Pharmacy stores, in other words places where you purchase your medicine. 

Here, they point to places selling a different kind of drug: marijuana, which can be legally purchased and used in our state, as long as you are over 21 and doing it in the privacy of your home.

You purchase your medicine quite differently in France, as I mentioned in a previous post.

When I drive around and see those green crosses, I still think “Pharmacie!” 

I spent 35 years of my life in France. I guess you cannot completely disconnect from the urban symbols you grew up with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment