Saturday, January 3, 2015

Rumor has it…

Apparently, we are now in 2015. 

I tend to mentally delay the unavoidable step into the New Year. Even before Christmas came along, I had a full list of things to do that I thought I would “take care of next year”. Even if “next year” became only distant by a couple of days or even a few hours, it was still on the other side of an invisible frontier, in a blurry future.

Until midnight set in.

I should not say that it took me by surprise. In the afternoon, I knew France had jumped into the future, then it was New York and the  East coast…. Until midnight reached us.

Then there was no more escaping.  We were the next day and “nex year”.
Among the wishes found on Facebook, words from author Neil Gaiman encouraged me. 


So welcome 2015 ! Let’s raise our glass to audacity, the joy to create, enthusiasm and the discovery of new horizons, curiosity and excursions beyond our limits! 

And let’s be ready to smile to the procession of inevitable mistakes to come, that we will face as graciously as possible… in other words: Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment