Monday, January 16, 2012

This Alien Has American Roots

My baby cousin Younis is going on 4 and since Christmas Eve, he has a baby brother, Adam. Last Saturday, we were invited by his parents, my first cousin Danielle and her husband Imad, to celebrate Adam’s arrival.

Shawn
Every time I have the opportunity to spend time with my American family in Seattle, several side effects occur: long-lasting joyfulness, intellectual stimulation and gleeful taste buds. Danielle and Imad made up delightful children and every time I see them, the happiness surrounding them is infectious.
My cousin Shawn, Danielle’s sister, speaks 3 languages and she travels around the world, part of the micro financing movement that grants loans and study grants to people, allowing them to realize their dreams and change their lives. On Saturday night, I also chatted with their own first cousin Marisol, who is a MD becoming a psychiatrist in Portland.

Marisol
There was an impressive cake welcoming Adam to the world. Is there is a better way to welcome anyone to the world than scrumptious chocolate ganache?
Last September, a small crowd of family and friends gathered to celebrate the 75th birthday of my uncle Jean-Loup in a French restaurant of Seattle. We all had a great time.

That was a great opportunity to catch up with my cousin Marc, his wife Hannah and their beautiful children Sebastian and Olivia who are growing up so fast. They live in Los Angeles. Danielle and Shawn had prepared a trivia game about their dad, his tastes and pet peeves, his trips and his life. There were fun French prizes for those who had most good answers. I discovered a few things about my uncle – and on the world around us. I never knew foie gras flavored chewing-gum existed for instance… (I did not try it)
This alien is very lucky… 
Younis and Adam

1 comment:

  1. I never realized your American family was so extended. That's great!

    ReplyDelete