Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Coriander and Turmeric

Since remission, I have been reading a lot about cancer. I noticed that from one book to the other, turmeric, the bright yellow spice that gives its color to mustard, was mentioned as a great anti-cancer substance. I started looking for some here.

It took me a while to find it because I was looking for “curcuma”, the French name. Usually, from one language to the other, you can guess the names of the spice, from thym to thyme, romarin for rosemary, coriandre for coriander…. No curcumay or coorcumee – I checked and yes, turmeric it was.

Ok, so when you find turmeric, you need to absorb it with some pepper, it enhances the anti-cancer properties. Problem : curcuma on its own is not that good. Pepper does not help.

So I went to recipes that would use turmeric harmoniously. And entered in my life… Indian cooking. Turmeric is one of the spices used for curries, along with coriander, cumin and Cayenne. Then there is fresh ginger, cilantro… all that is very, very good.

I am trying recipes and this is a delightful exploration to be followed in 2016…


No comments:

Post a Comment