Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Residency – a new twist

After the interviews in January at St Joseph hospital in Tacoma, the answer is still to come. I have some hope to be accepted as a resident for a yearlong internship (the residency) starting in September although the spots are very limited. I should hear back some time in February. Of course, I remain totally zen and serene while being deeply aware of the passing days.
This morning, I got some news. I received an email from the supervisor, wondering if I would be interested in the Hospice House Residency, an “intense but dynamite learning environment with a lot of death, as well as healing and grace”. If so, I could meet with the chaplain coordinator.

It took me some time to reflect on this – at least 30 seconds. My heartbeat quickened. Yes, I am very interested. The two crucial moments of our lives are “now and at the hour of death” as we read in the “Hail Mary” prayer I learned as a Catholic child. I hope to get an interview with the chaplain coordinator in the coming days. To be followed…

1 comment: