Saturday, October 1, 2011

The lamas are in the yard.

Our area still has a rural side and it is always an unexpected pleasure to pass animals on the streets you were not expecting to see. For instance, lamas in a big yard not far from the church – I was on my way for Bible women study when I stopped to take pictures of them. The closest lama did not condescend to turn his head in my direction but his ears kept following any noise I was making. Another day, we met a peacock. Of course, sometimes we see deers or coyotes crossing but they are too fast for my camera.
This summer, one very early morning, I saw from our house, on the other side of the street, a big raccoon who was slowing going away. He kept turning back and looking at a gathering of crows that seemed to be feasting on something. I wondered if he got excluded. Maybe the fauna around here is a merciless world…

No comments:

Post a Comment